For teaching Lindsay and I how to do handstands and juggle, we'll look past the fact that you became a registered sex offender.
I never understood the concept of having your own room. I remember in elementary school and junior high how everyone wanted their "own room", why? I didn't know why you would ever want to be 8 years old alone in your bedroom going to bed, boorrinngg. This is why Lindsay and I shared a room for a long, long time. We had a night time routine, it usually included a quick game of dodge the bean bag, a race up the stairs and ended by doing front rolls across the twin beds. Then Lindsay would go brush her teeth and I would find her dee dee and then hide it somewhere in the room and then laugh hysterically when she tried to go to bed and she would toss and turn and then get really mad, and when she would finally get out of bed I would start the game of "hot" and "cold". It never got old. I probably did this in payback of her beating me at every board game in the history of the world, how do you compete when you're in first grade and your sister is a gifted and talented third grader?
Lindsay also didn't like sauce on her pizza which meant I didn't like sauce on my pizza. We spent many a saturday nights eating sauceless pizza watching "The Commish". Why we enjoyed an adult tv show about a police commissioner so much, I don't know. I could type for hours and only scratch the surface of the ways Lindsay has enhanced and blessed my life. Linds, I'm glad you were born. Happy Bday (yesterday).
I could make this blog really, really long but I'll try not to. It happens to be somebody else's birthday (yesterday) too. That's right, Mr. Bret Baker was born 28 years ago weighing a solid 4 lbs. I'm glad I have someone to share my room with again. Unfortunately (or probably fortunately) Bret doesn't have a dee dee I get to hide, yet I still find a way to tease him and laugh hysterically and he too manages to beat me at board games, I attribute this to him being older than me. I never knew I could find someone that I like so much, he truly is the world to me.
6 comments:
Happiest birthdays to both of you wonderfuls! I had a dee dee too! Must be something we did as Lindsay's. It was my favorite thing in the world!
Aw man, those were the good ol' days. It's kinda boring now without anyone to hide my dee dee.
Now that is what I call a great blog entry. I used to play the same game with your mother, but it involved the TV remote and a solemn pledge to turn the TV off after the opening monologue on Jay Leno. (I usually reawakened at 2 am to find I Dream of Jeanie reruns on.)
One other thing, if it wasn't reruns it was thigh master infomercials...it wasn't actually the TV noise that would wake me, but rather Wendy rustling through her purse looking for a credit card to buy the latest late night gizmo.
That entry needed to be much much longer. So good. Reminded me of all the random games Mike and I played when we shared a room for 10+ years.
whitney, i sure don't know you very well, but man i wish i did! i've just been reading your blog and laughing hysterically (to the point of tears), and i've realized you would be one awesome friend to have to make me laugh every single instant! no wonder my mom loves your mom and family so much!!!
-leslie hansen mcomber (i'm still getting my blog all figured out...)
ps. was your gym coach roger valdez???
Post a Comment