Question:

Has anyone ever camped in Southern California? If so, where?

15 comments:

Bret Baker said...

yeah, i camped with my good friends lynn, rhett, and marcus at San Onofre which is right on the beach about an hour south of HB. Pretty good spot.
bb

nrozier said...

WHAT?!Are you kidding me? There is some of the most beautiful and remote camping available in the state within a 30 minute drive of my house. I would suggest camping at Montana Dey Oro in Los Osos or at Jamala (sp?) Beach outside of Santa Barbara. Jamala is stunningly beautiful and remote with great hiking all around. PLus, it is A LOT closer to SF than HB. PLUS, you could see me!

hanner said...

I remember camping at El Capitan as a wee lass with my family. Pretty great.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=601

By the way, I read your blog lately. Surprise!

Richard said...

Go to www.marriott.com, there are about a hundred good choices.

Shannon Elizabeth said...

san o, o'neill park, dana point

molly said...

I camped a few times in Dana Point near Doheny Beach, O'Neill Regional Park which is more inland, and Catalina Island. Dana Point makes you pay to use the shower- it is funny.

Grandma Honey said...

I just asked Den, and he said he has camped Palms Springs Aerial, Joshua Tree, San Bernadino National Forest... the ones he can think of off the top his head. He did lots of camping with his kids back then.

Hey, but I vote for you camping 30 min from Natalie's house. Then you could go see her and take pictures for your blog. That I could see.

hudd and anna said...

yeah, i camped with my good friends lynn, rhett, and marcus at San Onofre which is right on the beach about an hour south of HB. Pretty good spot.
hh

'Cus and Britt said...

Pismo Beach... San Clemente... La Jolla... I forget the rest. I'll ask my mom. She knows way more places that we have been camping.

Lauren said...

dana point (doheny sb) and san elijo in san diego... those are both beach camping, which is the only way to go in my book ;)

louiegennuso said...

morro state strand beach just outside of morro bay. the campground is just off the beach and you can to sleep to the sound of the crashing waves!

Bret Baker said...

hudd, i didn't forget you amongst my good friends, we were just a package back then so i didn't even have to mention you. i sorry. maybe come back from china so i don't forget you.
bb

Richard said...

You're my favorite blogger!

Renee said...

I hope you found a spot! It was so good to finally meet you guys! Now I'm officially not a blog stalker anymore! Whooopie!!

Rupeshow said...

rad man!!