Love and Soda

Last year at this time I graduated college and had to say goodbye to two of my favorite people in Provo, justin and megan, the chevron workers. At the chevron across the street from the dorms, liquid magic flows from the soda fountain, and I partook everyday. Instead of my picture with the cougar, I wanted it with the people I saw day in and day out for almost 4 years.


I didn't start drinking diet soda, well any soda, until I was 19 and then I fell for it, fell hard. When Bret and I moved to Alameda we scoped out all of the gas stations and to our dismay we only found 3 that had diet soda. It's been a little rough, but we've managed. We bought these 32oz. mugs that we could refill to save money (you know the recession and all) but we weren't sure if it was cheaper to refill our mugs or just get cups and use a stamp card because it was buy four get one free. Well, we weren't sure until one day I got this in my inbox...



I'm glad I have him around to figure out such complex situations in my life.

10 comments:

Ems said...

yes. I knew bret would pick someone for all the right reasons.

alisa said...

next question: how many sodas do you have to buy to cover the cost of the mug in the first place?

Scott said...

Dang, you beat me to it Baker!

Scott said...

That's A. Baker by the way.

Bret Baker said...

alisa - very good question. but at that point we had already purchased the mugs, also known as a sunk cost.
bret

alisa said...

yes, i know it is a sunk cost--business school, remember?--however, i had assumed that you would like to recoup the cost of the equipment and was just wondering if you were sufficiently soda'd yet.

alisa said...

plus, i wanted to comment on you not including the savings to your carbon footprint by going to a refillable mug. is the mug plastic #7? this also changes things.

hudd and anna said...

moted by alisa.
sustained.

Bret Baker said...

alisa - very good point about the carbon footprint. i'll have you help me put a monetary value on that in your spare time.

hudd or anna or both - i am mad at whoever claimed i got moted. and i am a little mad at whoever sustained it. and if both of those are the same person, i'm super mad at that person.

bret

'Cus and Britt said...

This is my favorite post of ALL time... in all the history of blogging.