Into the Wild

Year of the Explorer wouldn't have been complete had we not taken a bunch of 15 year old girls backpacking and camping for a week.



In this last picture we're not that sweaty, it started raining. The highlight was probably when one of the girls, Ginger, brought only poptarts to eat and proceeded to eat 42 of them and then swing on the rope swing into the lake over 20 times until she almost killed herself and I had to ban her from the rope. Or when Kadijah did a bellyflop into the lake and then stepped in human pooh.

6 comments:

Monica said...

We missed you. No kidding.

Is your hair blonde?

I miss Yosemite and feeling too comfortable around you guys.

david said...

That backpack looks like it's seen countless nights on the trail.. out under the stars.. in the fresh air.. your belly full of dehydrated beans and buttmac... Randy Oakley is wondering if you can work with Trevor this weekend? He said Trevor painted some new Warhammer pieces he wants you to see.

Jen-erator said...

Not going to lie I wish I would have seen you two this weekend instead of you going camping. However, I think that last picture of you guys is down right perfect!

Richard said...

Glad to see you made it through safely. I am still trying to figure the gap in our parenting that pushed you into such nomadic behavior.

courtney said...

i'd like to meet a 1-year-old named ginger. i guess i had previously thought all gingers sprung fully formed at age 40.

courtney said...

also, human poo'h' with an 'h' makes me think a little bit of poo without an 'h', but also it makes me think of cameron dressed as winnie the pooh for halloween two years ago.