A new family member

I think they should have a class in high school called "Real Life Situations". This class would be what it sounds like, you reenact different situations that are most likely going to come up in real life.

As nice as it is that I can tell you the quadratic equation or whip out MLA and APA format like it ain't no thang, it doesn't come in handy very often in my adult life. Maybe one of the lessons in the class could be "How to memorize a 7 digit license plate in 10 seconds" for the times in your life that you get in a hit and run accident when you do the hitting and they do the running and then an officer comes and you say "it was all my fault" because you feel nervous and then realize that it probably wasn't all your fault and the person probably ran because they were on drugs. Or ya know, other hypothetical situations.

Maybe in this class they could explain insurance jargon and tell you that sales tax is different in every county and you may live in a county with 9.75% sales tax and when you go to buy a car the price that is listed is VERY different then the price when you actually walk out of the place. I feel like maybe if I had been braced for some of these real life situations they wouldn't be such a slap in the face when they happen.

But nonetheless through my "real life situations" I was able to decipher the car and insurance lingo and we purchased a car... Bret and I welcome Subjan(sub-yahn) Baker into the family:

9 comments:

Aaron said...

Love the "hypothetical situation". And congrats on such a cute little new addition to the family. Maybe our Subarus can get together and play sometime at the park.

lindsay lark said...

When are you bringing the little guy to see us in UT? I mean, we are family now.

Katie M said...

we love our subaru. great choice.

Richard said...

I think he looks more like Bret.

Kenneth said...

One word comes to mind. Beautiful! We envy you and the Subaru child

Diana Hulme said...

completely legitimate points. i like this post.

cool car! :)

Richard said...

Be sure to invite us to Alameda for his first oil change.

kenzie said...

ha! how funny. our cars are brothers! me and tyler were talking about how we know no one with a forester, or who even talks about getting one, they don't seem super hip. but we love it!

Dave Baker said...

I thought you were naming him after me......until I saw the pronunciation.