Well, as of today,
Year of the Granola is complete. It was quite a year and I think Bret and I both found our inner granola. We never got into vegan food (I had one of their cookies, and it was awful), we never grew dreads, we never did drugs, and we never grew our own organic crops. However, I still feel the year was a success. We hiked, we climbed, we camped, we drank our water from nalgene bottles, bret has been playing a banjo, we ate 52lbs of trail mix (this is a true number, derived from an actual mathematical equation I did), and we spent a good amount of time in Berkeley which is like granola people mecca. We even read some granola books (the making of cliff bar, into the wild, etc. etc) and ate a lot of vegetable dishes (veggie chowder, veggie lasagna, and broccoli in our mac n' cheese). Mother nature was good to us this year. Karma wasn't, but we've survived.


Today is our anniversary and so we left Alameda to celebrate our new theme.... Year of the Exploration. We went on an explorcation, the only type of vacations we will be taking this year, vacations to unknown destinations, places neither of us have been.
We will be doing a lot of exploring this year, exploring new food options (Ethiopian, Creole, Himalayan), exploring possible further education, exploring factories where they make things, exploring new haircuts, exploring Russian literature, pretty much getting into things that we know nothing about. We'll read books about explorers and explore new types of music. I think you get the point. If you have any good ideas of things we should be exploring, let me know. Oh and I will post more about our explore-cation and all of the exploring that went on.
9 comments:
happy anniversary!!!!!! i thought about you two crazy kids this weekend- and how quickly a year has gone by. we took a road trip to san diego to see Jack Johnson in concert, and as we were driving to so cal, jen and i reflected about how only 1 year ago exactly, we were doing the same thing to fly to utah. wierd. happy exploring.
-jess
Dude, that went by fast! I can't wait til the next time we can all hang. Hope all continues well with you too. I'll never forget our good times and great conversations on the way to Half Dome and back. Thanks for everything. Good luck in the year of Explorations!! Hopefully you'll explore So Cal a bit more... heheh.
Happy Anniversary.
I hope you have plans to visit the Exploratorium -- that should yield some good ideas. Maybe we'll explore your place this week too, since it's been a while.
If you guys ever decide to adopt, Monica would like to be at the top of your list.
Panama is a great place to explore! (hint, hint) We have the black Jamaican style culture, the primitive Indian style culture, the proud aristocrats, jungles, beaches, corruption, fried food, and family!
Maybe???
have you two ever explored new york?
Wow. I can't believe it's been year! Congrats. I hope the cake was delicious!
happy anniversary you two, I think you should explore seminary substitution sometime this year. Then again they might want to fire us and hire you.
Chi-town is worthy of your explorcation. Trust me. Love ya,
Devin and Alicia
Post a Comment