Mr. and Mrs. Columbus

A couple of weekends ago Bret and I had the official kick off to Year of the Explorer. We decided to explore parts of Northern Ca that we had never been to before. The trip started by driving up the coast. Most of the trip went like this...

Whit: Whoa those are huge sand dunes
Bret: WHOA
Whit: Want to stop and go jump down them
Bret: Yes...


That conversation took place a lot and usually started with "whoa that looks weird..." .

We kayaked, biked, and hiked our way through tons of little towns filled with weird things that dot the Northern area. Our favorite town was Healdsburg that had the best pastries and pie ever. We will be returning there shortly. Healdsburg is also a part of wine country, so we biked through 20 miles of the most beautiful vineyards. I think anyone that lives in the area should go take a peek up there, it is spectacular. We also went to Guerneville, which has to be the wierdest place, this is the conversation that took place:

Whitney: "Where are all of those people going?"
Bret: "Want to go follow them..."

and so we did and sure enough they were ALL going to a river that had a small beach-I use the word beach lightly, it was a beach in the sense that it touched the water but it was all rocks and dirt, which didn't stop hundreds of people in acting like it was hawaii. So we acted like it was hawaii too and put down our towels and hung out at the beach. Here are some pics of the explore-cation.







5 comments:

Diana Hulme said...

You guys are so good to just get out & do fun stuff! I love it. :)

alisa said...

why does gnu have parted ken hair again?

Dominique James said...

wooohooooo
can't wait to see more adventures.

Anonymous said...

You two are so adventurous! I am inspired. I need a little more spontaneity in my life!

louiegennuso said...

you guys are so rad.

thanks again for having us this weekend.

if you for some crazy reason find yourself in barstow, i have room for two with your nameson it.