summmaa timmeee

Last night as Bret and I got home from an 8 hour drive I said, "we better make sure to get the caramel chexmix and all our food wrappers out of the car because of the bears". We've pretty much been on vacation for the past month and some of that has included time in the wilderness where we feared every night that our car doors would be ripped off due to a french fry under a seat or a hot tamale in the cup holders. Luckily no car doors or tent doors were ripped off during the past month.

Anna did a good job summing up our trip to Sequoia but she forgot to mention that although I only had about 12 troops left on the risk board, I was still planning world domination. Here are some more pics.



Then Rhett and Mon swung by and she took some pics too.. as seen here

Utah was next on the docket, a summer must do for any Mormon. It was everything I could have hoped for.

We also headed back to girls camp to take a group of 15 year old girls backpacking for three days. The girls all squealed when they realized I could totally decipher their coded language to talk about boys.... they didn't realize that I too spent my formative years talking in code about boyz. Oh and there was snow in July, but it was still a good time and Bret caught a fish that the gutted and fried, such a man.


Finally we went down to Huntington Beach to meet up with family and friends. I think we slept a total of 10 hours in the 4 days we were there.

6 comments:

hanner said...

friend adventure/friendventure! that is an awesome idea. and lucky that you guys are all mutually friended in marriage. i need to bring this up to some people.

Richard said...

Long dark socks with shorts? Bret is maturing before my very eyes...

Robin said...

Whitney when I see you with your backpack on I just can't help but think of your dad - you do get all that out doorsyness from him, right?

Auntie Robin

naomi said...

This looks so fun! Also, I bet you were the best YW camp buddy everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Carly said...

You two are the most beautiful peopl I know, and Whit I think you will just have to keep the short hairdo forever bc you look so good!

nrozier said...

The most beautiful people that Carly knows?! Obviously she's never met your older sister.