Spoiler Alert

Somehow I went 24 years without ever seeing any Star Wars films or Gone With the Wind. However, this has been fixed. What is SO COMPLETELY baffling to me is that Luke and Leia are siblings? How did that never leak out to me. What was even more shocking was that Scarlett O'Hara is pretty much the worst human ever.

I went into Star Wars thinking Luke and Leia were totally going to hook it up and I thought Scarlette O'Hara was going to be a loving, powerful woman. I can't imagine what surprises Lord of the Rings has in store for me.

7 comments:

naomi said...

Bahaha. Just keep your expectations low for them hobbits and you can't go wrong!

becca said...

i didn't realize that people haven't seen star wars. haha.

linds said...

I'm right alongside with all of those movies! No worries Whit!

Nate and Julie said...

you make me laugh! I love reading your blog. I must admit that I haven't seen LOTR or GWTT either, but I did know Luke and Leia were siblings (and Darth Vader's the father, did you catch that?). It was fun seeing you guys at Ashley's wedding. Too bad we didn't get a chance to chat more.

nrozier said...

I love how we all have the same gap in movie knowledge. Other than you and Lindsay I think I am the only person alive who has never seen Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Rocky, Rambo, etc. However, I don't know how you missed out on Gone With the Wind. That movie is AWESOME!

Btw, thanks a lot for the Luke/Leia spoiler jerk. I totally thought they were bf/gf not sister and brother. Gross.

So other than Scarlett being a terrible person, what did you think about the movie? Did either of them live up to the hype?

Scott said...

All I have ever learned about Star Wars I have learned from Tommy Boy and Whitney. 1. Luuuuuuke....I am your faaaaatherrrrr....la la la lo lo la looo.
2. Luke and Leia are siblings? I did not know that.

Richard said...

I didn't realize that we had left so many gaps in your early childhood education. At least you got exposed to I Love Lucy and Father of the Bride...