I laugh now thinking about a 30 year old woman in a grocery store shoving a cart down an aisle with her child in it, but it felt so right when I was 4. There are a lot of things I look back on and realize are VERY unique to my mom. Here's a small sampling...
My mom carried a clown nose in her purse, ya know, just in case we went somewhere that smelt funny, or if one of us was misbehaving, she'd just put it on. no questions asked.
One time she and a friend had to go sell fireworks in Fresno in July (this is as close to Hell as you can get) for a fundraiser for my sports team, so she decided that she should get in a cold shower, FULLY clothed and then go to the booth. sopping wet.
I remember in Junior High and High School I'd be trying to go to bed and my mom would be vacuuming or talking on the phone at midnight, MIDNIGHT.
I love you mom, happy birthday. thanks for teaching me how to get weird.

*I stole the pic from my aunt jill.
7 comments:
I'm pretty sure she employed the jump in the pool fully clothed method quite often. Genius. Who else has a mom that eats half melted popsicles in bed? No one. We lucked out.
She may not be able to whip up a gourmet meal from scratch, but when it comes to having fun Mom has all the others beat. We did luck out. She is the best kind of crazy that exists.
Oh this was perfect! I remember her late night cleanings. She would sometimes tell me, "I was up til 2am vacuuming." She is about the only one I know who can put a person in a good mood INSTANTLY. And who else wants the grandchildren to call her Chickie?
Everyone loves Auntie Wendy and it's pretty easy to see why!
freak a leak. wendy is the bomb.com. but freak a leak is for the fact that your mom and my mom in their younger years were identical twins and when i was looking at this pic nick thought i was looking at my mom. i will forward you a pic. its as uncanny as laura and i's religion teacher that looked like hugh hefner.
I hate to burst your bubble but your mother was a little past 30 when you were 4...it didn't seem to inhibit her the least!
i love your parents' pants.
i also love all the new stuff--i haven't checked your blog in so long and it's been a delight! way better than alisa's (i hope she's reading this...i'm veeeeery disappointed in her new york blogging).
Post a Comment