I'll probably spend most of the day doing this (pictured above) and celebrating life, because today is my birthday. Now don't feel obligated to fill my comment box with birthday wishes (although I never mind a comment), but I just really love my birthday, and I like to blog about happy things (if you couldn't tell).
Today I will celebrate how grateful I am to be alive and healthy. I think if no one acknowledged me on my birthday, I wouldn't mind, I just love that everyone gets their own personal holiday, and today is mine.
So maybe today, for my birthday, all you out there who read my blog and never comment, maybe as a special gift, you'll leave me a comment and we can become cyber friends, in a non-creepy way. Or maybe not, it's up to you, I don't mind either way. I'm just grateful that in a world filled with a lot of suffering, illness, and uncertainty there are people who do wonderful things and care deeply about what is going on around them and that I get to be a part of it all, and for that, I celebrate.
35 comments:
Happy Day! Whit, know that you bring so much sunshine into the world. I hope all is well!!
i wish i could spend this day with you breaking it down to 'play that funky music white boy' in a room packed with thais sitting silently staring at us. Happy birthday whit, you are the best person i have ever ever traveled with.
Happy Birthday Whitney! I'm glad you opened up for comments because I read your blog every time you post, but I wasn't sure if you wanted any.
I remember that day in March 1985, Bill went to Payless Drugs to get me something to settle my stomach and he ran into your mom who told him that SHE was pregnant too! I can't remember what your due date was but mine was Nov. 12th! Tyler didn't arrive till Dec. 17th so obviously that first date wasn't quite right.
You have always had the best attitude about life. It's one of your many gifts!
Hey Whitters! Your Grandpa and I wish you the best. If you were here or we were there, your grandpa would sing you his birthday song. It goes like this: "This is your birthday song. It is not very long. See ya." So consider yourself sung to on your birthday. Love, Grandpa and Susan
happy birthday whit whit.
xoxo.
and thank you for posting a picture of our dancing skills for the whole world wide web to see.
happy happy birthday whitney! we miss you guys! let's get together soon ;)
enjoy your personal holiday!
Happy Birthday Whitney! I hope you have a great personal holiday!
Whit Whit! I wanna celebrate with you so bad! You are the best celebrator ever!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
happy birthday...hope you have a WONDERFUL day. :)
Happy Birthday. I loved what you wrote. It is so true. We should always remember what you said.
My blog is:
http://tkdmortensen.blogspot.com
Come by and visit.
Whoo hoo! Happy Birthday Girl!
Whoo hoo! Happy Birthday Girl!
HaPpY bIrThDaY WHITNEY!!!! My goodness, 23?!! Cute!! You have this agelessly joyful face and such a charm about you and I still remember your star bathing suit and your cute bob from back in the day. However, the trademark laugh and shining eyes have stayed with you as a lovely grown woman and I wish you many more years of love, laughter, and little moments of greatness! Best to you! Love, Tianne
Happy Birthday! Thanks for sharing the love and cheer.
Whittle Sticks,
You'll always be my favorite daughter!! Happy Birthday.
xoxo, dad
Whitty! I'm not sure if you received my text but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love you so much and I'm so blessed to have you as a friend! We had so much fun with you guys this weekend so thank you for all of your hospitality!
p.s. Have a fantastic trip!
man oh man am i glad you were born!
Happy birthday Whitney you are the best. How perfect to have no ties to work on your birthday to party with Bret. Have a great trip!
i like living too! and i like you for liking living. and i like how you live. hope you have a great day!
Happiest birthday wishes to you! Wish we could be partying it up in person, but instead I will attend to my sick baby! Love ya and miss ya! Have a sweet birthday!
Happy Birthday Whitney! I feel that birthdays are a great day to celebrate the birthday person...a day to acknowledge them and appreciate them. So thank you for always being positive with a smile on your face. Thanks for accepting me when Jessica brought over some random new guy. It was friends like you that made it even easier to fall in love with her. You truely are an uplifting person. I hope you got to smile, dance, laugh, relax, and drink lots of Diet Dr Pepper all day long.
-Dave
P.S. Way to receive at least 20 comments; that's amazing
Happy Birthday Whitney! Let me take you to dinner!
whitney, i hope today you drank at least 2 big gulps of deliciousness...ate some its its and went out to eat at some fantastic little hole in the wall...or at that amazing taqueria...i'm so glad we are all connected by the bffe (best friends for eternity) chain that was made when we decided getting married wasn't so bad. i can't wait for you guys to come to chiiiiner!
wow. you are popular.
i'm glad we're friends.
"tell him I said happy birthday!"
love you whitteroo
shmappy shmurfday.
Dang girlie youve got everyone giving you happy wishes. You are one crazy/ fun girl. Hope your day was the GREATEST.
Happy Birthday to you!! I am your hubby's old FHE partner from Provo and I stop by occasionally... is it less creepy now that I am here? ha ha :)
Ok so I'm a day late, but atleast I've given you time to recover from all of the Diet DP and doughnuts! You're the best, Ms. Whit, and I'm just so lucky to have you in my life!
i love you so so so much
holy crap. you're popular. are you as popular in real life as you are in blog world?
happy late birthday whit!! from me. and dabid. love, sawa.
I'll gladly reveal myself as a stalker.
Have you had carrot cake yet?
Happy Happy Day to you!
I love your blog, and your great attitude. I am sure you know how to celebrate your personal holiday.
ENJOY!
I meant to comment after I read Lindsay's ode to Whitney, but I forgot. Sorry I'm late. But I hope you had a happy, happy, happy, happy birthday!
lol. I clicked away and ended up here.. happy birthday!
Post a Comment