I left my heart...


This is Ted and I, he's under my left arm, somewhere in Asia.
I never really had an emotional attachment to him, he just assists me when I sleep. I sleep on my stomach and he props my right shoulder up, I've been doing this for years. He's been everywhere with me, and I suppose over the years we may have grown close. However, Bret and I went to Utah and I LEFT him, so I called my mom, and this is the conversation we had.
Me: I FORGOT TED.
Mom: Where is he
Me: He's in Haileys bed, put him in a special place till I can find a way to get him
Mom: Okay, yeah I'll go do that right now
Me: DON'T WASH TED
Mom: I know, Ted can't swim.

Why is it so fun to give personalities to inanimate objects?

7 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

This is hysterical. I can totally picture your mom saying that!
That picture of you and Ted is too cute too. Makes me want to put it on my blog.

linds said...

I can't see ted! The pic isn't coming up! Sad day! I miss you and love reading your blogs!

kfiet said...

i spy fuzz, serious fuzz.

lindsay lark said...

Ted cried all night when you left him, but then he met Mac. You may have been replaced.

nrozier said...

I was just thinking about that moment the other day! That picture is classic. I didn't keep any of the ones of us doing ANTM shots in our bungalow, did you? I wish I had.

whatthehaleman said...

I think the best part is when your mom said, "I know, Ted can't swim." in all seriousness. Plus, it helps that Jessica has had her bear the entire time I've known her and I can picture the whole scenario with her and Dawn. It made me laugh out loud. Thanks.

Krista said...

i was a little worried when you first showed up to be my roommate in thailand and you had that bear. my first thought? "great, this girl is a dork"