on an island in the bay

I used to claim that I was on the list of top ten frozen yogurt eaters in the world, although I had no one to substantiate my claim, I couldn't figure out who would be eating more frozen yogurt. However this weekend we did it, we broke a real world record, Guinness book confirmed. This is how it went down: on Saturday, we rode our bikes to an abandoned navy base that is here on the island where we live, and they had the world's largest chalk drawing. It was the size of two football fields and it was a picture of a huge gecko and then people came and colored the whole inside with pictures of whatever they wanted. Then a satellite came and took our picture (well, at least that's what they told us). Here are some pics to prove it.











Bret did the 80's graphic, I did the colorful world with the twigs coming out, and Molly did the girl in an inter tube. Molly is the one in the last picture, her dad invented the toaster strudel.


4 comments:

Chandler and Angie said...

Congrats on your record, you should have been on Oprah the other day with the hand clapper and the apple slicer! By the way - the daughter of the inventor of toaster streudel?? That's a girl I need to know.

The Contented Pig said...

You piqued my interest and I decided to draw from my extensive internet resources for further investigation (i.e. I googled it). It turns out you were not lying. Click here for Picture

Carly said...

Hey Whit!
Carly your cousin here. I love your blog and check it all the time. You are great at making life sound exciting and cool, I guess you are just exciting and cool people. Brett seems really awesome. We met him at Pismo that one time but look forward to meeting up with you guys again someday. Someday...

Kenneth said...

I love how you threw in the toaster strudle comment! Such a wonderful invention