
I realize that there are kids in a 5 mile radius of my house that probably go to bed hungry and there are people that live in war zones and people who have recently lost their homes because of natural disasters, but as vain as I sound, I can't help but mourn the lose of my beloved bike.
I thought my "get things stolen from me" quota was full for this year, but it wasn't. Some poor, unfortunate soul decided my bike was too desirous and didn't realize that I work full time to afford a few luxuries in life, like a beautiful schwinn, and they jacked my chain and stole my bike.
*two of the pictures above are actually of Talay 1, which was replaced by Talay 2, two years ago.
9 comments:
You scared me. I had to speed-read as fast as I can through the first paragraph, wondering who Talay was, to find out you were talking about your bike. Whew!
Sorry that you had your bike stolen. I've had my truck broken into twice and I know how that invasion of your bubble can feel terrible. Sorry that happened. Maybe some kid will get a bike for their birthday or Christmas now though (My optimistic view). My pessimistic view wants me to share that you need a Kryptonite U-lock. We use them on campus and they can't be cut...they have to be welded off! Maybe you should EXPLORE learning how to ride a unicycle.
-Dave
That makes me so sad! That is not fair...
I like how you name all your belongings.. What does Ted think about it?
How did your bike sit in front of the candy shoppe unlocked for months and not get stolen?
I'm very sorry for your loss.
Maybe we should put up missing signs on our block or something. But on my bike rides home from work, I will keep an eye out for it, and stop the guy/girl immediately if I see it. I once got my Yo! scooter stolen from me when I was at a Merry Miss activity back in the 6th grade. It is not vain- it really is devastating.
oh whitney, i'm so sorry. such a tragedy. what has happened to the quiet town of alameda?
Hey Whitney, having your bike stolen is the worst!!! That's rediculous! I'm so sad for you. Hopefully you'll be able to find a respectable Talay the III soon.
woah, my bike got stolen a couple weeks ago too! david did some good detective work and i think we found it on craigslist. as we were driving to confront the said a-hole, i got a call from my roommate telling me that our house was broken into. goodbye all my electronics, pictures and thailand jewelry. i say all thieves should automatically get the death penalty. you with me?
booger, that is lame--i'm sorry.
Does this mean you want your bike back?
Post a Comment