Weekend Warriors

After a long week, came the WEEKEND. Bret and I have started treating weekends like holidays. We eat whatever we want and act like we have nothing important to do. This saturday I woke up to this...



Then on to breakfast...



Then up to Pt. Reyes for hiking, swimming, rope swinging, and trail mix. The trail got kind of long, hence our faces in some of the pics...








The only other place in the whole world that I would have rather been was at family camp.

Oh and for those of you wondering what I now do for my real person job, I work for a non-profit children's mental health agency. Basically, it is an organization that gets hired by different counties in the bay area to provide foster care, residential treatment services, community wrap around programs, and counseling for children with mental illness. Before you start thinking that I'm a great person, I don't actually do any of the things listed, I just organize it all for the do-gooders.

8 comments:

Brett & Syd said...

Whit - your real person job sounds cool...not to mention your great adventures in the greater Bay Area. I miss you and I hope you and Bret are as fantastic as ever.

Brady and Lauren said...

First of all, I'm happy to see that Bret loves Ted as much as you do. Second, that is my kind of breakfast. Third, you guy are such a cute, happy couple and I love it!

kfiet said...

if only that heathered hoodie could talk..it'd recount travels to Pt. Reyes, setting Guinness book records, trips to Huntington, etc. etc. etc. all i ever did was give it a ride or 2 in the Mustang of my chain smoking bf of 4 days but you, you have given it the life i never could. a large thank you from me and from terry who purchased it during the back to school shopping excursion of 2000.

Dominique James said...

i love you whit. Your blog makes me so happy. :) it's such a treat :)

Shannon Elizabeth said...

haha. nick and i do the same thing. we call it vacation, and it usually involves all activities suitable for 12 year old boys. i think we should organize some sort of obstacle course.

hudd and anna said...

this comment is for the nike commercial blog. when we first saw that commercial, we had the chills, ive seen it a few times since and its always the same... yesterday, i cried. anna just told me that we already commented on this.. but shes not sure.. so if we did.. oh well. btw, i got that job finally, officially at least.. hudd

Richard said...

We missed you at Family Camp. It was almost eery how much Hailey adopted your former FC persona...she was in a light blue swim suit morning and night for a week and covered with dirt, just like you-know-who! love, dad

Richard said...

We missed you at Family Camp. It was almost eery how much Hailey adopted your former FC persona...she was in a light blue swim suit morning and night for a week and covered with dirt, just like you-know-who! love, dad