I wish during the Olympics there were hour segments of montages. I love Olympic montages more than anything else on television. Bret and I watched all of the countries come in in the opening ceremonies last night and every single time one came out we shouted questions at the TV, "Where is Nauru, that's a country?", "Sailing is in the Olympics?", "How is that kid standing next to Yao Ming nine years old?", "I have NEVER heard of Lesotho", "What is whitewater?" etc. etc.
I feel pretty inspired to become an Olympian, to bad I'm not 4yrs old and can start training.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh, did you see the countdown at the beginning with the light up drums? China does the Olympics right.
This is how I know we are related. These are the EXACT same questions I asked out loud to my television. I could have sworn the boy in Yao Ming's arms was like 5 years old. And I am sad to admit I had never heard of a number of the countries who had athletes competing.
In fact, I turned down going out with a group of friends in LA in order to stay in and watch the opening ceremonies. It was SO worth it as I knew I could count on the Chinese to create a show stopper. Those fireworks were out of control. Yay olympics!
hudd and i were ready to join in any number of olympic events we could after watching that commercial. i also shared that exact song and lyrics with my chinese classes...they weren't as pumped.
Post a Comment