
The title of this entry may sound more like rhetorical prose. It is actually a beg and a plea. It leads me to ask the following: How can something so good be so ignored? Is it because it is so good that the masses aren't worthy of it? Is it pearls before swine? These questions and more haunt me almost every day I live an airborne-on-DVD-less life.
Airborne, starring phenoms on the rise like Jack Black and Seth Green is more your average rockin rollerblade romantic comedy, it's an epic tale of love, victory, and wisdom. Mitchell Goosen, the star and hero, displays wisdom far beyond his experience and longevity. When Mitchell's somewhat desperate and comical cousin Wiley (Seth Green) needs advice on how to acquire a lady friend, Mitchell teaches a sermon for the ages:
Mitchell Goosen - Popeye, now there was a great man. Do you know why?
Wiley - He never joined the Hairclub For Men?
Mitchell Goosen - Wrong. Because his motto was: I am what I am. Do you think Popeye ever worried about what he wore just so he could get Olive Oil's attention? I should say not, Dude. And do you know why?
Wiley - He was gay?
Mitchell Goosen - Because he is what he is.
A movie as inspiring as it is comical shan't and won't be kept in the dungeon of corporate America any longer. There is a webpage dedicated to trying to coerce the Big Wigs at Warner Bros. to release the movie on DVD. On the webpage there is a link to a web-petition pleading the same. I have already signed my name in cyber-blood on the petition and the only question that remains is, will you live up to you duty as an American citizen and do the same? Will we let corporations and not democracies run our lives? I plead with you to visit this website and make a difference.
http://airbornethemovie.tripod.com/
Mitchell Goosen needs you!
4 comments:
bret, you dog, dog you. this is poetry. and ps, whit, (i think) as for me comparing chinese foods to american flavors... dont even get me started. i have found a beef wrap that tastes like taco bell and pot stickers that taste like pizza!
back when i was scouring asian websites for a dvd copy of "The Chipmunk Adventure", i did something radical--i wishlisted it on amazon.com. within 6 months it was released stateside on dvd and i was singing my H off to "The Boys of Rock and Roll" and pleading to A-face "what about my couscous?!". just an idea...
I would like to publically thank Bret and the rest of the Baker clan for introducing their Idaho cousins to "Airborne." I was so excited when I got to DVR it once and re-live the old days, and don't even get me started on Chipmunk Adventure but Bret, Katie, & Marcus will remember "I can still see the eyes, I can still see the eyes." Bret - You and I will always be the true Brittney and Alvin no matter what the others say.
Oh man I was so in love with Mitchell Goosen back in the day. But he is nothing compared to TJ.
Post a Comment