Honeymoonin' to the max

I would like to announce to the world that despite plane delays due to typhoons, eating during tsunami warnings, backpacking in 100 degree weather with 100% humidity (because we were too cheap to get a taxi), and even a plane wreck in Phuket, the Bakers have made it home safely. It actually wasn't until our last two days that we even got rained on (but I think Thailand is where the phrase originated, "when it rains, it pours"). For the most part we frolicked and giggled in weather and scenery that is seen in the photograph. We also ate our way through the country and justified any ridiculous activity with "it's our honeymoon".


As any reader could imagine, we collected a whole boat load of memories. We will try and remember some of our favorite moments and gather up some pics from our trip which included backpacking across almost every inch of Thailand on trains, planes, boats, kayaks, bamboo rafts, rickshaws, elephants, pickup truck beds, and taxis. We even got to walk through the ocean when the tide was low with all our gear because the long tail boat man didn't want to go any further in fear he wouldn't be able to get back to sea. We almost didn't make it through the ocean because I was hungry and wet and probably had to go to the bathroom which led to me (whitney) being furious and cursing everyone in Thailand and Bret. But once I got in a hot shower and ate some fries and sweet and sour chicken I was back in happy honeymoon mood. We'll write more about our lives later, but just to give you a glimpse, in the first month of marriage we have managed to...
Shatter the hall window of our rented victorian house with our couch we hoisted up the stairs, there w was even a point where Bret was shouting "PIVOT, PIVOT"

Buy 10lbs of trailmix including mixes from Costco, Target, and Trader Joes (we're using our giftcards very i wisely)

Still not get a mattress and sleep on camping pads every night

Have my VW get very sick and need some mechanical help, but when I jogged over to pick it up, all our credit/ d debit cards got denied which led me to look very destitute. The car is still in the mechanics garage .

For those of you that don't want to wait for a post, you can check out all of our pics HERE.

P.S. I don't know why there is that W I D down the left side, just ignore it, or make it into an acronym

7 comments:

alisa said...

welcome back bakers! i'm glad gnu is no longer in charge of this blog. it definitely needed a women's touch.

lindsay lark said...

Yes. Yes. Yes. This is what I'm talking about- more blogging please.

P.S. Nice rain slicker in the kayak pics Whit, I've only been looking for it for the last 6 months.

courtney said...

whitney, you just got so busted on that rain slicker! that's why i'm scared to post pics on the webernet...

i agree with alisa-'tis a lovely touch you've given the blog. and i giggled furiously at "PIVOT".

hudd and anna said...

bakers, is your life exactly like ours? the food, the being cheap and taking the cheapest way everywhere, yelling pivot all the time... seriously... i was dying looking at those pictures. start making a list of thing to eat in thailand for us.

hudd and anna said...

ps. whitney, your dead meat. lindsay is gonna kill you for that slicker!

hudd and anna said...

anna may be mad that im leaving a third comment, but i dont care.. is this the third time youve changed your blog colors and settings in the past two days? i think so.. i know its a little addicting huh? and last of all.. why do you have ten hundred pictures of an uncle mel look a like riding an elephant posted on your picture page?

Unknown said...

All i can say is I N V U...guys. The added humerous comments put my facebook honeymoon album to shame. (i just wanted to say that so people leave yours and go look at mine. Suckers!)