Somethin' Like a Phenomenon (LL Cool J anyone?)

It's kinda cool when you encounter a phenomenon. Rarely can someone casually mention in a conversation, "yeah, I saw a phenomenon today." One of the phenomenons we saw in Europe I see almost every day of the winter in Alameda. It's called Raynaud's Phenomenon. It's a condition that causes discoloration of a person's phalanges. In Whitney's case the cold causes a vasoconstriction in her peripheral blood vessels (this is beginning to sound like a report I did in 8th grade). Now to the interesting part. Behold, the phenomenon.



8 comments:

Aaron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aaron said...

Excellent LL Cool J reference, Bret. That's some crazy stuff with Whit's hands!

Richard said...

Whitney has man hands?!

Grandma Honey said...

Next time you are in the cold Whitney, I think you should wear gloves! Did you know Heidi also has Raynauds?

'Cus and Britt said...

Should I be scared? I'm a little bit nervous.

Raven Rozier said...

This is a circulation and immune system issue from what I've read. For circulation, add cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and Apple Cider Vinegar to your diet. You can even make a drink with these; add water and honey, and it's like a cider drink. To build the immune system, supplement with olive leaf extract and mushrooms. Eat grass-fed beef, chicken and dairy, not the stuff raised on hormones, anti-biotics and Genetically Modified grains.

jessica messica said...

so my auntie in sf has raynaud's too. it must be a bay area thing....

PT ideas for raynaud's treatment= squeezing a stress ball, wrist curls, any upper body work, and cardiovascular exercise.

but it looks kinda cool, not going to lie.

lindsay lark said...

If only there was a way to add the way that Whit musically says "RAY-nauds Phe-nom-a-non!" to that picture, it'd be awesome.