Bikeamania

Bret and I have 5 bikes between the two of us, a bit excessive? Yes. But some of them were given to us and they all serve very important and different purposes. I obviously feel the need to justify our 5 bikes, but after spending some time in Europe, oh no no no. We are not bikeaholics, we are just Europeans at heart! These people like bikes. LOVE bikes. I think that was the most shocking thing about our trip. Everyone bikes, and everyone wears tailored suits and skirts and blazers while on their bikes.



Alley in Amsterdam

Notice the bicycle parking garage in the background.

5 comments:

lynn and cerise said...

rad pictures! biking in europe sounds like the funnest thing to do right now. my favorites are the top left one and the third one (but it's in the second row). this reminds me of japan. everyone outside of tokyo rides bikes.

Kendra said...

That is AWESOME!!

molly said...

That was one of the things I loved about Italy, women were in the nicest dress suits with high heels riding their bikes. I wish we could be more like that in the US.

Monica said...

Wooooooow! These should all be framed.

I wish I were European.

Britta said...

I live in Germany and people here a pretty nuts about bikes too. I know a lot of families who don't even own a car, but every family member has two bikes.